Friday, February 27, 2009

Van Lier, Norman

Norman Van Lier, loving husband of Susan; beloved father of Heidi (Joseph Kraemer) Van Lier and Hillary Van Lier; grandfather of one, all of Chicago and Los Angeles; dear son of Helen Nash Van Lier and the late Norman Van Lier Sr.; brother of Robert, David, Gregory and Rhonda Van Lier Pugh of Midland, PA. Visitation Sunday 2 to 9 p.m. at Michalik Funeral Home, 1056 W. Chicago Ave. Funeral Service Monday, March 2. Family and friends will gather at Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago (Corner of Michigan and Delaware, across from the John Hancock Center) for a Funeral Service at 10:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations to The Greater Chicago Food Depository, 4100 W. Ann Lurie Place, Chicago, IL. 60632. For more info. 312-421-0936 or www.michalikfuneralhome.com

4 Comments:

Blogger BigD said...

My prayers go out to the Van Lier Family. I was deeply sadden when I heard of the passing of Norm Van Lier. He loved the game and he expressed that every time he was on Comcast Sports making analyst.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless the family of "Stormin Norman". I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin and listened to the Bulls on WIND-AM and Norm Van Lier was my all time favorite! The imagines in my mind couldn't do justice to the type of player he was. May you find peace in the Lord during your time of sorrow.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ol S My God bless the family and keep you. He will be missed he was my favorite player of all times. Keep our hands in God hands he will see you thru.

Monday, March 02, 2009 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger clem said...

I attended St. Francis from 1967 to 1971 and became friends with Norm especially after I broke my leg in a car accident. Norm affectionately and helpfully nicknamed me Clem caddidle hopper referring to my gait with and without crutches. While in Chicago on a business trip March 24, I just learned of Norm's passing. Norm's defensive accomplishes are a model for life: always be ready to rebound; guard those whom you love and care for; no matter where you are on the court of life be ready to pass the ball or take the shot yourself. I pray that Norm now enjoys the promised gift of eternal life. Clintina

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home